Monday, November 28, 2011

Mite treatment progress





These are the photos of little Tabitha taken on the morning she arrived at the caviary with a decent case of mites. That was two weeks ago.



This is Tabitha today:


Her hair is visibly thicker, you can see where it has grown back in around her eyes, and all scaling/scabbing/irritation on the skin has cleared. We just have to wait for the rest of her coat to grow back in as well now.







And this was Xeraphina the day after she arrived. She was so tender and sore, and constantly chewing at her own skin due to the itchiness of the mites.






Xeraphina at the moment:


Xeraphina has taken a little more work to fix up, but is also coming right. Her coat has visibly thickened, and all the scabbing/scaling has cleared up as well. She still has a bit of a way to go, but I think we're on the home stretch!



Her little personality has started to shine through as well. Both she and Tabitha are LOUD piggies, but Xeraphina actually 'asks' to be picked up. Hard to explain, but if you've had a piggy like this you'll know what I mean. It's like she's calling for me, then when I pick her up she calms down, and just snuggles in (usually because I then find her a treat as well! lol, So I'm probably inadvertently teaching her to be loud, either that or she's teaching me to give her treats!).

No comments:

Post a Comment